This monument, designed by Bruno Schmitz, is 91 metres high, made of concrete and granite porphyry and was unveiled in 1913. The platform offers an amazing view over Leipzig and the surrounding areas.
The monument has several impressive features: the crypt, decorated with knights; the colossal figures almost 10 metres high; and the 68-metre dome. The mighty foundation pillars of this giant monument convey the sense of an architectural and technical masterpiece. Due to the special acoustics in the impressive dome hall concerts are a highlight of a visit to the monument.
The museum on google maps: