Seurasaari Open-Air Museum

 

in short

Seurasaari Open-Air Museum was founded in 1909. All the different provinces of Finland are represented in the well preserved old buildings and they give an overall view of Finnish countryside life from the 18th to the 20th century. At present, there are 87 separate buildings at Seurasaari Museum.
Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
© Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
Logo: Seurasaari Open-Air Museum

Seurasaari Open-Air Museum

in detail

The Niemelä tenant farm from Central Finland and the Antti farmstead from southwestern Finland form complete environments with all of the original outbuildings intact. The life of the rural gentry is illustrated by the wooden church from Karuna (1686), the Kahiluoto Manor House from south-western Finland and the parsonage from Iisalmi.

The museum also includes a country shop and several farmhouses and smaller cottages such as the Kurssi and Ivars houses from Ostrobothnia, the Selkämä house from eastern Finland, the Halla house from northeastern Finland, and the Pertinotsa house from Karelia.
Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
The first open-air museum (1909) in Finland with folk buildings and farmsteads from different parts of  the country. It is a comprehensive review of traditional housing and architecture.
Admission
6,00/5,00/0 EUR
The museum on google maps:

keywords

Visitor entrance

Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
Seurasaari
00250 Helsinki
Finland
view on a map

Opening Times

Sun
11:00 - 17:00
Mon
11:00 - 17:00
Tue
11:00 - 17:00
Wed
11:00 - 17:00
Thu
11:00 - 17:00
Fri
11:00 - 17:00
Sat
11:00 - 17:00
open 1.6.-31.8. 15.-31.5. and 1.-15.9. Mon-Fri 9-15 ja Sat-Sun 11-17

euromuse.net - The exhibition portal for Europe