In 1929, the company G. dell'Angelo used projects by the engineer La Jacona to construct a building for the Corps of Carabineers.
After World War II the building maintained the status of a military facility.
Members of the Jugoslav People's Army had left the building in 1991 and it was already showing some signs of decay on account of a relatively long period during which it had been deserted and not used.
In the summer of 2006, renovation work was commenced on the building which used to accommodate the former military headquarters.
During the planning stage of the renovation, the project design and engineering company IZTR projektiranje in inženiring d.o.o. from Ljubljana paid special attention to retaining the original exterior of the building, as a recult of which the building was later proclaimed to be a cultural monument of local importance.
In 2010 in 2011, furnishings were provided and equipment was installed whereby the renovation of the building for needs of the Notranjska Museum Postojna was completed.
odrasli 3,00 / popuščanj 2,00 EUR (skupina 0,50 popust) / Občani Notranjsko-kraške regije, vsako prvo nedeljo v mesecu brezplačno / 8. februar – kulturni praznik, 18. maj – dan muzejev brezplačno
/// adult 3,00 / concession 2,00 EUR (group tickets 0,50 discount on the regular price) / First Sunday of every month for the citizens of Inner-Carst region free entrance / 8 Februar, 18 May free entrance