It is the result of the passion for ceramics and collecting of the founder which name it bears. As well as an extensive representation of Spanish and foreign ceramics, with special importance given to Valencian ceramics, there are also collections of decorative arts.
Founded in 1947 when the State accepted the donation of González Martí, the Museum was originally set up in the donor’s house. Some years later, the Palacio del Marqués de Dos Aguas was acquired, and has been its home since 1954 and has expanded to meet its changing needs.
Palace of the Marquis of Dos Aguas
The Museum is housed in the Palace of the Marquis de Dos Aguas, a gothic building renovated in various occasions.
The extraordinary 18th century alabaster doorway is the work of Ignacio Vergara and Hipólito Rovira. The rest of the building, both the interior and the façade, dates from the last great transformation of 1867, except for the rear part, which is a recent addition.
The ground floor and the first floor shows the mansion of a noble family of the 19th century, with a serie of rooms furnished in the style of the time and in some cases with the original pieces. The second floor is devoted to ceramics and the tour ends with a reconstruction of a typical kitchen from Valencia.
3,00 / 1,50 EUR.
Entrada gratuita los sábados después de las 4 de la tarde y siguientes festivos... / Free admission Saturdays after 4 pm and following holidays:
18/04, 18/05, 12/10, 06/12.
The museum on google maps: