cottage is located at the foot of the mountain "HIGH", where begins the decline of the soil. The complex is required for its formal evidence and originally consisted only of buildings for the conduct of the agricultural land, while the owner's residence was located higher up on a hill halfway. The importance of the place is also observed from the adjacent hill "BERTA" and the nearby towns of Turriff and Mezzavia, this place of historical importance in the medieval period in relations with Germany and its emperors. The site is much older than the period indicated by the presence of springs in the area, which of the Euganean Hills was a meeting place since ancient times. The most significant dates back to around sixteen hundred-thousand seven hundred, with the introduction of the central barn. Then, changing production needs of the farm were located inside the rooms and accommodation for the workforce. The architectural intervention that led to the current situation, has sought to maintain existing volumes, extracting features spacious and comfortable, maintaining a wood floor, exposed beams and arches.
Museo Internazionale del Vetro
Villa Draghi one of the most famous for the "out door" Easter is for adults, but also for younger thanks to its distance with Padua, have no difficulty reaching the site.
The building, an old sixteenth-century manor house, converted in the mid nineteenth century in an interesting example of eclectic architecture (evoking the Gothic lagoon, with mediaeval-contamination), was owned by various families. And speaking of Villa Draghi, involves not only describe the environment that surrounds and narrarne the story that has traversed, but also put it in a broader context, which is that of the Euganean Hills. Inserted in the beautiful scenery of a park covering an area of approximately 316,000 square meters is located on a hillock hillside of Monte Alto (207m), the spa town of Abano Terme. Very different, however, was the original architectural features.
At the end of the sixteenth century, the area which today is located the house was occupied by a large manor house that belonged to Helen Capodivacca, Paduan noble, and grandson of Bartholomew Capodivacca who in 1577 had it restored the baths at St. Peter Montagnon
In 1583, Helen was married to Hannibal Pimbiolo that for appointments without being married, at St. Peter Montagnon acquired lands, forests, and two houses, a "use" with three fields of "blistered" and "vegro", with a bathroom in ruins.
The site was a source of water and mud (the "Fontega") that fed the baths and the "stua", ie the place where the heat is concentrated and practiced care of the water and sludge.
In 1669 the manor house was purchased by new owner: Alvise Lucadello, a Venetian nobleman, who enlarged the building with new factories. We are confident that in 1674 the building was already completed on the site of the ancient manor house belonging to Pimbiolo, as evidenced by an eighteenth-century document which states that in that year was consecrated the chapel attached to the palace.
The first source file clerk who attests to the presence of the building is an inventory of 1713 drafted by the notary Constantin Nicolosi who reports the assets of Alvise Lucadello seats to St. Peter Montagnon, Padua, and Venice Scaltenigo.
It is remarkable the eclectic architecture of Villa Draghi, characterized by stylistic and compositional matrix forms the lagoon and east aspects, and also typically medioevaleggianti. Today no trace remains of the greenhouse-style East and only partially readable medieval motifs of diamond decoration, ocher and blue, the exterior facades.
Standard: 4,00 EUR / Ridotto (reduced) -over 60 or under 18-: 2,50 EUR / Gratis (free admission): PadovaCard and Carta Giovani
The museum on google maps: