The museum's collection of Egyptian antiquities dates back to 1824 and consists of more than 13,000 objects, ranging from the New Kingdom to the Late Period. These include large statues, among which are the seated Ramses II and the Sethi II 'colossus' from Karnak, papyri, stelae, coffins, mummies and amulets. Furthermore, the museum features the intact tomb, complete with furnishings, of the architect Kha and his wife Merit (Deir el Medina, 14th century BC), including gilded coffins, flower garlands, food and beverage offerings, dresses, linen, pottery, furniture, etc.
Two new rooms have been recently opened on the ground floor: they contain objects dating back to the Prehistory and the Old Kingdom. Three important items for the reconstruction of Egyptian history are displayed in a third small room: the Royal Canon, and the casts of the Rosetta Stone and the Palermo stone.
The museum on google maps: