The museum welcomes the only group of gilded bronze came from Roman times to the present day. The statues were discovered accidentally in 1946 by two farmers in Cartoceto Pergola, in a pit where they were buried in debris after an old sack or a less likely "damnatio memoriae." The complex is a family group originally composed by two female figures veiled and two knights dressed in military horses richly ornamented. Considering the various assumptions made by many scholars who are interested in this group, the dating is between the first century. B.C. and the first century. d. C., or between the late republican period and the reign of Emperor Tiberius. The archaeological section is completed with colorful mosaics and the Roman burial ornaments found in the area.
The numismatic section includes 238 coins that are part of the collection donated to the City of Pergola by Don Giovanni Carboni in 1971. The collection refers to a particular period in Italian history, the previous and contemporaneous with the first Napoleonic campaigns.
The historical-artistic section contains a series of works: paintings, sculptures and wooden furniture, prints and drawings dating from the fourteenth and eighteenth centuries, significant testimony of the artistic heritage of the city.
The contemporary art section presents a series of graphic works by the Pergolese Walter Valentini leading exponent of the Italian and European lyrical abstract art.
Museum of Guilded Bronzes and of the City of Pergola
The Museum is housed in the 14th century former convent of San Giacomo and collects works of considerable artistic and historical interest, all coming from the territory of the Municipality. The four sections that make up the museum complex (archaeological, numismatic, historical and artistic 'and contemporary art) are organized around the cloister, in a sort of circular path.
Standard: 6,00 EUR,
reduced ticket over 65. 5,00 EUR,
reduced ticket schools. 4,00 EUR,
reduced ticket children from 6 to 11 years. 3,00 EUR.
The museum on google maps: