The expositive spaces of the Art Museum of the City of Ravenna are located at the Loggetta Lombardesca, in the three floors in the south part of the four-sided portico of the ancient monastery, built at the beginning of the XVI century on the side of the XIVth century church of Santa Maria in Porto.
The building is characterized by a four-sided double order portico made in istrian stone, by Tullio Lobardo’s stone worker school.
Also the elegant loggia with 5 archs on double order overlooking on the gardens has been made by Tullio Lombardo, as the memorial scuplture of Guidarello Guidarelli
, stored in the permanent collection of the Museum.
The indisputable architectural quality of the ancient monastery and the urban valorisation owing to the construction of an “italian garden” with fountain in the back, make Loggetta lombardesca an excellent monument and a great value exhibition spaces.
The spaces available for the settings are on the south side of the building that maintains the broad halls overlooking the four-sided portico.
Museum seats from 1973, after important restructuring works, the museum gives hospitality to the civic permanent collections, built up in 1827 as Galleria dell’Accademia, and to the expositive activities of the museum. From 2002 it is an Institution of the Ravenna Municipality.
The museum on google maps: