Musée Picasso "La Guerre et la Paix"

 

in short

The two panels, ‘War and Peace’, that Picasso painted in 1952 in the small twelfth-century chapel of Vallauris, were inaugurated in 1959 when the site became a national museum.
Décors de la chapelle du château-musée de Vallauris « Le temple de la Paix », 1952 Vallauris, chapelle, musée national Picasso
© Rmn-Grand Palais (musée Picasso de Vallauris)/René-Gabriel Ojéda © Succession Picasso
Logo: Musée Picasso

Musée Picasso "La Guerre et la Paix"

in detail

Picasso lived in Vallauris, with Françoise Gilot and their two children, from 1948 to 1955. He decided to decorate a small twelfth-century chapel nearby, which he felt was a sanctuary to Peace. The two panels, ‘War and Peace’, painted in 1952, were inaugurated in 1959 when the site became a national museum.
The museum on google maps:

keywords

Visitor entrance

Picasso Museum
Place de la Libération
06220 Vallauris
France
view on a map

Opening Times

Sun
10:00 - 18:00
Mon
10:00 - 18:00
Tue
-
Wed
10:00 - 18:00
Thu
10:00 - 18:00
Fri
10:00 - 18:00
Sat
10:00 - 18:00
Please note: There is a daily midday break from 12:00 to 14:00

euromuse.net - The exhibition portal for Europe