The Porcelain Museum was set up in 1845, but it was from 1852 on, under the impulse of its outstanding director Adrian Dubouché, (who generously donated 4,000 pieces of ceramic to the museum), that it became remarkably influential and boosted the porcelain industry in Limoges.
The museum displays the techniques and products of four families of ceramics (pottery, faience, earthenware and porcelain) and has two large sections on Limoges and Chinese porcelain. It also has an outstanding collection of glassware from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century.
Musée national Adrien Dubouché
The museum on google maps: