Housed in the Hôtel de Lantin, one of Dijon’s finest seventeenth-century mansions, the museum owes its existence to two keen collectors, Jeanne and Maurice Magnin. In 1938 they bequeathed their remarkable collection of paintings, drawings and art objects to the state.
In accordance with their wishes, the museum has retained the character of a private collection and a sense of a house that is still lived in. It includes works by the Italian, Northern and French schools, from the late sixteenth to the mid-nineteenth century. Outstanding paintings by Sébastien Bourdon, Laurent de la Hyre and Eustache Le Sueur evoke Parisian art in the opening decades of the seventeenth century.
The originality of this collection and its refined setting make it a delightful spot in the heart of the old town.
The museum on google maps: