The Eugene Delacroix Museum is located in the Saint Germain des Prés district of Paris, in the studio, garden and part of the apartment that Delacroix moved into in 1857. The apartment was close to the Eglise de Saint Sulpice, for which Delacroix had just been commissioned to decorate the Chapelle des Saints-Anges. He lived there for six years.
The recently renovated museum provides an intimate setting for a selection of paintings, watercolours, pastels, sketches and preparatory studies by Delacroix himself, as well as a number of letters, and photographs of his close friends (Charles Baudelaire, Théophile Gautier, George Sand, Léon Riesener…); the whole gives a glimpse of the complex personality of the man who was one of the major figures in French painting in the nineteenth century.
The museum on google maps: