Although the name of Malmaison goes back to the thirteenth century, the château that bears the name today is more recent: the main building dates from the seventeenth century and the two wings flanking the courtyard, from the eighteenth.
Bought by Josephine Bonaparte in 1799, it was the home of the First Consul and his wife and the seat of the French government, along with the Tuileries, from 1800 to 1802. After her divorce from the Emperor, Josephine retired to Malmaison and, in 1810, bought the neighbouring château of Bois-Préau. Malmaison became a museum in 1906, followed by Bois-Préau in 1958, and both are devoted to Napoleonic history.
The museum on google maps: