Louhisaari Manor

 

in short

After belonging to the Fleming family since the 15th century, Louhisaari was in 1795 bought by the Mannerheim family, which owned it until 1903. The Marshal of Finland C.G.E. Mannerheim was born at Louhisaari in 1867.
Louhisaari Manor
© National Board of Antiquities
Logo: Louhisaari Manor

Louhisaari Manor

in detail

The main building dates from 1655 and is one of the rare examples of palatial architecture in Finland. The festive floor and the service floor are in 17th-century style and furnished to match. The middle floor, where the actual living quarters were, was modernised during the 18th and 19th centuries, and the rooms in this part of the castle reflect the interior-decoration styles of that time. The castle is surrounded by an English landscape park.

Admission to the museum only in the company of a guide. Guided tours in Finnish at halfhourly intervals.

Louhisaari Manor is located on the southwest coast of Finland 30 km North of Turku.
Louhisaari Manor
The Marshal of Finland  C. G. E. Mannerheim was born at Louhisaari in 1867. The main building is one of the rare examples of palatial architecture in Finland. The interior-decoration and furniture reflect the styles of  the 1600´s-1800´s.
Admission
5,00/4,00/0 EUR
The museum on google maps:

keywords

Visitor entrance

Louhisaari Manor
Louhisaarentie 244
21240 Askainen
Finland
view on a map

Opening Times

Sun
11:00 - 17:00
Mon
11:00 - 17:00
Tue
11:00 - 17:00
Wed
11:00 - 17:00
Thu
11:00 - 17:00
Fri
11:00 - 17:00
Sat
11:00 - 17:00
open 15.5.-31.8, Sep. by appointment for groups

euromuse.net - The exhibition portal for Europe