Today’s Bruehl’s Terrace forms the side of the former Dresden Fortress that faces the Elbe river. The fortress construction with four bastions and the first brick gate - built under Duke George the Bearded from 1519 to 1529 - followed the medieval town wall.
Today, Bruehl’s Terrace is mostly covered by the city’s built-up area; however, underneath Bruehl’s Terrace it is possible to see the fortress's adaptation to modern military advances, especially around the former brick gate.
In 1739, the Count of Bruehl had a palace built on the fortifications and a garden created. The steps on the side of the Schlossplatz (Castle Square) were constructed from 1811 to 1814. The groups of sculptures titled "Four periods of day" by Johannes Schilling were erected between 1868 and 1871.
Festung Dresden und Brühlsche Terrasse
The museum on google maps: