The Alikartano estate, formerly called Frugård, was founded in the early 1600s. In 1709 it was acquired by an ancestor of the Nordenskiöld family. The manor is known as the childhood home of the world-famous explorer Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld, discoverer of the Northeast Passage. The Finnish state purchased Alikartano in 1964, partly with a donation from the Nordenskiöld family. The manor was opened as a museum in 1983.
The manor grounds reflect 18th century style. The present main building, with its unusual two-storey drawing-room, dates from 1805. Some rooms are furnished in the manner of the early 19th century. One part of the exhibition is devoted to scientific interests and achievements of the Nordenskiöld family. A small valley nearby, with a brook and a walking path, beckons the visitor.
The museum on google maps: