On 11 December 1911 the Museum of City History opened its first permanent exhibition covering both floors of the Old Town Hall. Exactly 100 years later, on 11 December 2011 the museum’s new permanent exhibition "Modern Times. Leipzig from the Time of Industrialisation to the Present" has been opened.
200 years of the city’s history – from the revolution of 1848/49 to the Peaceful Revolution of 1989 to the present, from industrialisation and the constant growth of the trade fair city to the devastating destruction during the Second World War, from the fight for social improvements to the ending of civilised life during the time of the Nazi regime – is being presented using 1400 square metres of floor area.
6 / 4 EUR
The exhibition venue on google maps: