The collection was formed in 1966 as a part of the County museum collection and the first permanent historical and ethnographic exhibition was set up in the spring of 1967 in Zenica Synagogue.
After that, a permanent historical exhibition was set up in the late seventies, on the ground floor of the Synagogue. Authors of this first permanent exhibition were PhD Anton Bauer from Zagreb and Colonel Idriz Cejvan from Belgrade. Then permanent exhibition had focus on the period of the 20th century, especially the period of The National Liberation Struggle (1941-1945).
New permanent historical exhibition was officially opened on the 6th of September in 2007, and chronologically covers the period from the second half of the 15th century to the early 80s of the 20th century.
The authors of this permanent exhibition were: Ikbal Cogo, curator, Mirsad Avdić, senior curator and retired professor Husejin Serdarević.
According to the principles of modern museology and based on systematic monitoring of visits to our institution, in early October 2011, the process of permanent historical exhibition redesigning was finished. These changes were made by Ikbal Cogo, senior curator.
Children up to 15 years and retired: 0,50 EUR,
People over 15 years: 1,00 EUR, War veterans and people with special needs: Free entrance
The exhibition venue on google maps: